This is another favourite Ethiopian dish that is made from cabbage and potatoes. It is absolutely delicious all on its own, or served with injera.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- Saute the carrots and onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and cabbage. Cook another 10 minutes until spices are fragrant and the cabbage is wilted with most of its liquid boiled off.
- Add in the potatoes, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook with the lid on the pot until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes.
-Thanks to Epicurious for the original recipe.