We love quinoa salad! And our favourite is a Mediterranean quinoa salad. It is full of fresh flavours and salty olives and feta. It is my go-to salad for a picnic or barbecue. Delicious and filling, this salad works as a side dish or a meal.
- 1 recipe of soaked and cooked quinoa (start with 1 cup dried quinoa)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 diced spring onions
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- See notes for optional added ingredients
- Whisk together the dressing in a large bowl.
- Gently toss in the cooked quinoa along with the other ingredients (except for the feta).
- Season to taste.
- Top with the crumbled feta.
-To make this recipe you will need one batch soaked quinoa.
-Add some probiotics! Use homemade apple cider vinegar and feta!
-I like to mix this salad with a bunch of different ingredients depending on what I have in my cupboard. Here are a few of my favourite: grated carrot, diced cucumber or red pepper, roasted sunflower seeds or almonds, chickpeas.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are few more delicious quinoa salad recipes: