I actually created this recipe as a way to convince kids to eat more greens and protein. But it seems like a fitting recipe to post just before Earth Day, because of the groovy green hue to these pancakes.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of kefir cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bunch of greens (chard, kale or spinach)
- 3 tbsp of diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Warm a frying pan on medium heat. Then pour in ¼ cup of the batter.
- The pancake will be ready to flip when it is bubbling in the middle and dry around the edges. Flip, then cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with butter, cheese, yogourt, sour cream, sliced tomatoes or humus. If you omit the onion and garlic, then you could even serve it with the usual sweet toppings.
-You could pre-ferment the chickpea flour with the kefir cheese, depending on how dry your kefir cheese is.
-If you don’t have kefir cheese, use ricotta or cottage cheese instead.