There’s something about a creamy dip, it just makes vegetables taste delicious. It’s also incredibly easy to make yourself and is endlessly customizable. Best of all, homemade dip is zero waste and cheaper than store-bought!
This creamy dip is sugar-free and probiotic, making it perfect for everything from school lunches to cocktail parties. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- for snacks and parties with vegetable sticks, potato chips or pita bread
- on a burger or sandwich
- as a salad dressing
- mixed with egg salad or potato salad
Designing your own dip flavours
One of my favourite reasons to make my own chip dip is that I can flavour it to suit my mood.
Here are a few ways to customize this creamy vegetable dip:
- Cheese dip: Replace the yogurt with a soft cheese like cream cheese or goat cheese.
- Spinach dip: Add one package of frozen spinach, 1 clove of garlic and 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Puree everything in a blender before stirring in the yogurt.
- Tomato dip: This is a riff off of one of my favourite dip flavours. Don’t add the dill or the salt. Instead flavour the dip with 2 tbsp of tomato paste, 1 tbsp of tamari and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Pesto dip: Instead of dill, add 1/4 cup of fresh basil and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Green olive dip: This was my favourite dip as a child. Replace the yogurt with cream cheese and add 1 cup of chopped green olives instead of all the other flavourings. It sounds weird but it’s surprisingly delicious.
- Low-fat: Use low-fat yogurt in the recipe for both the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- High-fat: Use homemade sour cream instead of yogurt for a high-fat and probiotic dip.
- Egg-free: Replace the mayonnaise with cream cheese.
Creamy dip for vegetables and chips
Looking for a healthy and delicious vegetable or chip dip? This creamy dip is sugar-free and probiotic! See the section above for 8 ways to change the flavours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3–8 people 1x
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups of yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp finely diced green onion or fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a 3 cup bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to blend.
- Keep chilled and use within one week.
Keywords: chip, vegetable, spread, condiment, vegetarian, low-fat, sugar-free, probiotic, healthy, summer, party, picnic, barbecue, birthday