Carrot salad with miso and sesame dressing is a beautiful and delicious side dish. The Asian-inspired flavours are complemented by addition of crunchy toasted sunflower seeds and sweet currents. Using fresh miso gives this salad a dose of probiotics!
Carrots are an affordable vegetable that is always available (at least in my part of the world.) Which is probably why carrot sticks are the boring go-to for all social occasions.
This carrot miso salad is a quick, easy and delicious alternative. It’s perfect parties, picnics or barbecues because the flavours only continue to improve over time. Since it is mayonnaise-free, there isn’t a risk of contamination if it’s left sitting out for a few hours.Print
Carrot salad With Miso Dressing
This carrot salad is beautiful and delicious. It’s perfect as a potluck dish because the flavours continue to improve over time.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian
- 6 large carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of currents or small raisins
- 2 tbsp chives (or spring onions)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- Wash the carrots and grate them up with a mid-sized grater.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the carrots and toss to combine.
- Salt to taste, then garnish with the sunflower seeds, currents and chives.
- Allow the salad to sit for at least 30 min before eating to allow the flavours to blend.
- If you want your salad to be probiotic you need to use a fresh miso. Try making homemade miso or look for fresh miso in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. You can also find fresh miso online (affiliate link.)
- Feel free to mix this salad up a bit! Use pumpkin seeds, almonds or peanuts for the crunch. Any type of chopped dried fruit could add the sweet flavour. Or replace some of the carrots with mixed finely sliced veg, like cucumber and coloured peppers.
Keywords: probiotic, vegan, gluten free, keto, paleo, fall, winter, picnic, barbecue, potluck, Asian-inspired, nut free, dairy free, egg free, mayonnaise free