“Emillie Parrish shows how anyone can make and incorporate tasty fermented foods into their everyday diets for both flavour enjoyment and improved gut health. Featuring accessible, readily available produce, dairy, and grains, Emillie shares her personal discoveries and simple recipes for her fermented favourites with you, the reader. Enjoy the journey!”
—MARY KARLIN, author of Artisan Cheese Making at Home and Mastering Fermentation
Winner of the Canadian Gourmand Award for 2022, Fermenting Made Simple is available at your local library, favorite independent bookstore, and online!
- American Independent Bookstores
- Canadian Independent Bookstores
- Barnes & Noble
- Book Depository
What to Expect
- A primer on everything you need to know to make your own fermented foods and beverages
- 80+ entirely vegetarian recipes with full-colour photos
- Tips, tricks, and recipes for serving fermented foods
- Vegetables & Fruits – Grains, Beans, Nuts & Seeds – Sourdough – Beverages – Dairy & More!
- Standard + metric measurements
- No specialized tools or ingredients. Perfect for home cooks!
“Parrish’s is a highly original approach to fermenting. Her recipes are imaginative without being overly complicated, making this the ideal book for both the beginner fermenter and the highly experienced chef.”
—ANDY HAMILTON, author of Fermenting Everything and Booze for Free
“Emillie’s treasure trove of recipes is a gentle welcome to the world of fermentation, no matter your experience level. You’ll want to read it from cover to cover to catch all her helpful tips and suggestions for ways to enjoy these probiotic-rich foods.”
—HOLLY HOWE, author and blogger at MakeSauerkraut