This is a recipe for a lightly fermented vegetables dosa filling that has a nice Indian flavour. It occupies similar territory to sauerkraut, so it would also be good as a trendy hotdog topping or simply enjoyed on it’s own.Print
Vegetable Dosa Filling
This is a recipe for a lightly fermented vegetables dosa filling. Similar to sauerkraut, it would also be good on hotdog or simply enjoyed on it’s own.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart jar 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Fermented
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 small cabbage grated
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 coloured pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green chillies finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (non-iodized)
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pack into a large glass jars for fermentation. Pack the vegetables down in the jar with a wooden sppon. The salt should draw liquid out of the vegetables, and the vegetables should be submerged by their own liquid.
- Ferment in a cool location for 2-3 days.
- Store in the fridge.
- Be sure to follow all the basic fermentation rules. Because it fermented for a few days, you will need to ferment in fido jars, with airlocks or using a weight to keep the vegetables submerged
- If you want to ferment it longer (up to 12 weeks) then I recommend omitting the peppers as they go slimy with longer fermentation periods.
Keywords: sauerkraut, vegan, gluten free, keto, probiotic