Is there a picky eater in your house who could use a dose of probiotics? Want to have more fermented foods in your diet, but you aren’t exactly sure how to start? Here are 25 kid-friendly fermented foods that are packed with probiotics.
- Kombucha is the darling of the fermentation world, however, it does have caffeine in it.
For a caffeine-free probiotic soda pop, I recommend:
Kids love dairy products, so why not use that love to get some probiotics into their diet?
- Yogurt is the usual go-to for probiotics.
However, there are a number of other cultured dairy products that are probiotic:
Fermented vegetables are perfect for people who love salty and savoury flavours. Here are a few of probiotic vegetables that my kids love:
If salty vegetables aren’t your thing, then try making fermented condiments. Our favourite recipes are:
- Cultured ice cream
- Probiotic cheesecake
- Kefir cultured cream cheese frosting
- Peanut-butter and banana pudding
- Creamy cultured fruit jello
- Date caramel sauce