Kimchi fried rice is my children’s favourite way to eat kimchi. The egg and rice just seem to complement the salty and pungent flavour of kimchi perfectly. Best of all, this dish only takes a few minutes to prepare!Print
Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi fried rice is a quick, delicious and healthy meal. Filling and nutritious, all you need for this dish is a jar of kimchi, rice and a few eggs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fry oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 4 cups of cold cooked rice
- 3 cups of kimchi
- Your choice of toppings (see below)
- Whisk together the eggs and salt.
- Put 1 tbsp of fry oil in a skillet. Add the eggs and scramble until completely set. Move the eggs to a bowl.
- Put the remaining oil into the skillet. Add in the rice and coat with oil. Fry until hot and starting to crisp. Add in the eggs and other toppings.
- Fry for 5 minutes, until everything is warm.
- Remove from heat and toss with the kimchi.
Keywords: easy, 15 minute meal, vegetarian, healthy, probiotic, gluten free
This is a perfect dish to serve with your favourite fried rice toppings. Here are a few suggestions that are popular and delicious:
- Toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts or cashews
- Saute tofu cubes
- Cooked pork or chicken diced into cubes
- Cooked shrimp
- Frozen vegetables like broccoli, peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro