Herb marinated cheese balls are not only delicious, they also make everyday life feel like a fancy cocktail party! And the most exciting thing is that even though marinated cheeses are usually found in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store, they really are not that tough to make!Print
Marinated Fresh Cheese Balls
Herb marinated cheese balls are delicious and fancy. And even though they are expensive to buy at the grocery store they really easy to make!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 pint jar 1x
- Category: Cheese
- Method: Marinated
- 1 cup salted soft cheese (kefir, yogurt, cashew)
- Olive oil to cover
- Herbs and spice of choice (see notes for ideas)
- Make sure that your soft cheese is salted (at a rate of about 1/2 tsp per cup or to taste).
- Make your soft cheese into bite sized balls. This would be best done with a baller, but I just roughly rolled my balls by hand.
- Lay them out on a plate and put them in the fridge for 3 hours to dry out.
- Sterilize a glass jar and fill with the balls.
- Add the herbs and spices and cover with oil.
- Allow to marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Here are my recipes for kefir cheese, cashew cheese or yogurt cheese.
- Recommended herbs and spices include: garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay, lemon peel, za’atar, chili pepper, black pepper, oregano, coriander or oregano. (Obviously not all at once! I used rosemary, thyme and bay in this batch).
- Using a melon baller or an ice cream scoop would make prettier cheeses (Though my rough looking balls taste good… I do wish that they were prettier!)
Keywords: soft cheese, keto, gift, snack, appetizer, bread, crackers, spread