Mediterranean quinoa salad is full of fresh flavourful vegetables combined with salty olives and feta. It is perfect for a picnic or barbecue because the flavour only improves overtime.
A Mediterranean Meal
This quinoa salad can be served as a quick and easy meal all on its own. However, it is also perfect as part of a Mediterranean-inspired meal. There are lots of dishes that pair nicely with this salad.
- Serve it with hummus and tzatziki.
- Make a deconstructed falafel plate with pickled turnips.
- Try a simple spanakopita recipe.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean-inspired quinoa salad is full of the fresh flavours of tomatoes, parsley and onions. Add in some salty olives and feta for a delicious salad that is a quick and easy side dish or a healthy meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 cup of dried quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 diced spring onions
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- See notes for other additions
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Cook the quinoa with two cups of water.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, gently toss it in the the salad dressing. Allow it to cool before adding the vegetables, herbs and olives.
- Mix everything well, then adjust the salt as necessary.
- Top with the crumbled feta and serve.
- I recommend soaking quinoa prior to cooking. I like using a rice cooker to cook quinoa so that I don’t have to keep track of it while I prep the rest of the salad.
- This salad is perfect for some added probiotics! Use homemade apple cider vinegar and feta! Add in some fermented vegetables. Pickled green beans or garlic scapes would be delicious.
- This quinoa salad is delicious with all sorts of different ingredients. Use whatever is seasonal: grated carrot, diced cucumber or red pepper. Add a bit more protein: roasted sunflower seeds, almonds or chickpeas.
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, tabbouleh, egg free, sugar free, soy free, nut free, summer, spring, fall