Pasta With Hard-boiled Eggs And Broccoli
Looking for a healthy, protein-packed, and sophisticated meal? This pasta with hard-boiled eggs and broccoli is incredibly simple and delicious.
- Author: Emillie Parrish
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 package of pasta (450 g/ 1 lbs)
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup of olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 6 to 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, wash and chop up the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Place the broccoli in a large strainer. When the pasta is done cooking, pour it through the strainer with the broccoli. The broccoli will cook in the residual heat of the pasta.
- Put the pasta and broccoli back into the pot. Toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil, place the lid back on and let it sit while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet. (I like my cast iron wok for this dish). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and broccoli, along with the crushed red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Serve the pasta with a sliced hard-boiled egg, fresh parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- While I haven’t marked this as a GF dish… I always use GF pasta. I used Rummo brand for the photographs.
- Feel free to replace the broccoli with your favorite seasonal vegetable. This dish is delicious with kale, spinach, sweet peppers, or asparagus!
Keywords: gluten-free, simple, 10-ingredients or less, healthy