Homemade probiotic creamsicle are an easy and affordable summer treat. These sugar-free popsicles are packed with fruit and make with cultured dairy or dairy-alternative for a cool and healthy snack.
Making creamsicles is so easy that even young children can make them with just the littlest bit of supervision. All that’s required is to put all the ingredients in a blender. Make a double batch so you can have a smoothie, then make creamsicles with the leftovers.Print
Homemade popsicles are a delicious and healthy snack. Use fresh fruit with yogurt or kombucha for a probiotic creamsicle!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Creamsicles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup fruit (See section below for flavour ideas.)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into your popsicle maker and freeze until set.
- -I like using a silicone popsicle maker because the soft sides make it easy to remove the popsicle. However, plastic or metal popsicle makers would work just as well.
- You could use milk kefir or cultured buttermilk instead of yogurt. Or for a dairy-free vegansicle, use soy yogurt, coconut yogurt or almond yogurt.
Keywords: popsicle, probiotic, frozen, ice cream, summer, berry, chocolate, orange, mango
Probiotic Creamsicle Flavours
Here are a few of my standard flavours. I love experimentation, so if you have a favourite flavour share below!
- Berry Blast: Use 1/2 cup of ripe berries for the fruit.
- Orange Creamsicle: Peel and deseed an orange. Use the sections for the 1/2 cup of fruit along with 1 tsp of zest.
- Fudgesicle: Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and use a second banana for the additional fruit.
- Mango Madness: Freeze a mango lassi or use 1/2 cup of mango in this recipe.