Homemade probiotic creamsicles are an easy and affordable summer treat. These sugar-free popsicles are packed with fruit and made with a probiotic base for a cool and healthy snack.
Making probiotic creamsicles is so easy that even young children can make them with just the littlest bit of supervision. All that’s required is to put all the ingredients in a blender (affiliate link.) Make a double batch so you can have a smoothie and a creamsicle!
Here are a few of my standard flavours. I love experimentation, so if you have a favourite flavour share in the comments section below!
- Berry Blast: A delicious mix of milk kefir and ripe berries.
- Orange Creamsicle: Zest an orange, then peel and de-seed. Use both the zest and the fruit sections mixed with yogurt.
- Almond Fudgesicle: Mix almond milk yogurt with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 bananas.
- Mango Madness: Make popsicles out of a mango lassi or use 1/2 cup of mango in this recipe.
- Strawberry Tea: Try a mix of strawberries and kombucha. I like to leave a few sliced of strawberry whole in this popsicle.
Homemade creamsicles are a delicious and healthy snack. The banana in this recipes provides a natural sweetness, and probiotic beverages provide a base for this wholesome treat. This basic recipe can be used to make all sorts of different flavours of creamsicle. See the section above for some of my favourite combinations.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Creamsicles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup probiotic beverage (see notes)
- 1/2 cup seasonal fruit
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into your popsicle maker and freeze until set (about 4 hours.)
- I like using a silicone popsicle maker (affiliate link) because the soft sides make it easy to remove the popsicle.
- For a traditional creamsicle use milk kefir, cultured buttermilk or yogurt. A dairy-free creamsicle can still be probiotic! Use soy yogurt, coconut yogurt or almond yogurt. Kombucha and water kefir make good probiotic popsicles.
Keywords: popsicle, probiotic, frozen, ice cream, summer, berry, chocolate, orange, mango, treat, snack, vegan, dairy free, egg free, nut free, sugar free