These healthy popsicles and creamsicles are an easy and affordable summer treat. They are sugar-free, packed with fruit and made with a fermented beverage for a probiotic snack!
Making probiotic popsicles is so easy that even young children can make them with just the littlest bit of supervision. All that’s required is to put all the ingredients in a blender. Then fill your popsicle maker!
I recommend making a double batch so you can enjoy a smoothie, then freeze the leftovers for popsicles!
Probiotic Flavor Combinations
You can make probiotic popsicles and creamsicles from pretty much any combination of fruits and beverages.
However, I wanted to share a few of our favorite flavor combinations. I love experimentation, so if you have a favorite flavor, please share it in the comments section below!
Each of these combinations is meant to be mixed with the banana and vanilla, as described in the recipe at the bottom of the post.
- Berry Blast: A delicious mix of milk kefir and ripe berries. (See photo above)
- Orange Creamsicle: Zest an orange, then squeeze the juice from the orange. Use both the zest and the juice of the orange mixed with yogurt.
- Almond Fudgesicle: Mix almond milk yogurt with 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 ripe bananas, instead of just 1 banana. (See photo below).
- Mango Madness: Make popsicles out of mango lassi or use 1/2 cup of mango in this recipe. (See photo below)
- Strawberry Tea: Try a mix of strawberries and kombucha. I like to leave a few slices of strawberry whole in this popsicle. (See photo at the top of the post).
- Pineapple Ginger: Mixing pineapple with ginger bug results in a rather sophisticated popsicle. I recommend finely chopping the pineapple, and just pureeing the ginger and banana in this popsicle.
Homemade popsicles and creamsicles are delicious and healthy. The banana in this recipes provides a natural sweetness, and probiotic beverages provide a base for this wholesome treat. This basic recipe can be used to make all sorts of different flavors. See the section above for some of my favorite combinations.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Creamsicles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 cup probiotic beverage (see section above for ideas)
- 1/2 cup seasonal fruit
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle maker and freeze until set (about 4 hours). I like using a silicone popsicle maker because the soft sides make it easy to remove the popsicle.
Keywords: popsicle, probiotic, frozen, ice cream, summer, berry, chocolate, orange, mango, treat, snack, vegan, dairy free, egg free, nut free, sugar free
oh i love all your fermented recipes!!!!
This is the perfect sweetness!
Glad you enjoy it!