Probiotic pasta Alfredo is a super simple and easy meal that can be made up in less than 15 minutes! It is a rich, deliciously creamy and comforting meal that will make you feel like you are in Italy.
In fact, this pasta recipe is so simple that my kids can easily make it themselves! Add a quick tossed salad and you have a delicious and healthy meal.
A Probiotic Twist
While this simple fettuccine Alfredo recipe will still be delicious if you don’t use cultured cream, it is even better with cultured cream! The tangy flavour of cultured cream adds depth and sophistication to this classic dish. And since the cream is stirred into the pasta without being cooked, it’s also a great way to get a dose of probiotics!
There are a number of different ways to culture cream and all of them simple require mixing the cream (instead of milk) with the culture and leaving it out on the counter for 12-24 hours.Print
This is a classic Fettuccine Alfredo sauce with a probiotic twist! Using cultured cream gives adds a depth of richness and flavour that makes this quick and easy pasta really stand out. This probiotic pasta sauce is incredibly delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lbs uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta until it is well done.
- Drain, the pasta, then throw it back into the hot pot, but don’t put it back on the burner.
- Stir in the butter until it’s completely melted.
- Add in the cream, cheese and salt and pepper. Stir to coat the pasta completely then serve immediately.
- I really recommend using cultured whipping cream. It tastes absolutely amazing.
- For a lower fat pasta sauce use low-fat yogurt instead of cream. It won’t be as creamy, but it will still be delicious! I like my “yogurt alfredo” with a bit of lemon zest for a zingy probiotic pasta sauce.
- This sauce works just as well with gluten free pasta.
Keywords: probiotic, 5 ingredients, quick, fast, easy, comfort food, gluten free, vegetarian, fall, winter, spring, dinner party, fancy