I’m always on the hunt for delicious and healthy desserts.
I love serving my kids desserts, but we already have way too many treats in our life. It’s hard to avoid the Birthdays, holidays and sunny days that provide us with excuses to indulge. So for a typical weekend night, I prefer to serve desserts that are sugar-free and probiotic. It’s my small attempt to counterbalance the effects of our sugar-happy-culture.
This pudding is the perfect dessert. It is fancy enough for a dinner party, yet healthy enough for breakfast!
I love the creaminess. I love the fact that the sweetness comes entirely from the ripe banana. But most of all I love that it is full of protein and probiotics. (It can be particularly difficult to get my children to eat enough protein and probiotics.)Print
Probiotic Peanut Butter and Banana Pudding
This pudding is fancy enough for a dinner party, yet healthy enough for breakfast. It is sugar-free, probiotic and full of protein. The perfect dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fermented
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ripe banana, fully mashed
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cultured whipping cream (see notes for alternatives)
- Whipping cream and garnishes optional (see notes)
- Beat mashed bananas together with the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whip cream into the peanut butter and banana mixture.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Decorate with desired toppings and serve.
- Here are my instructions for making cultured whipping cream. You could also replace the whipping cream with thick yogurt or cultured coconut cream for a vegan dessert.
- The pudding is delicious all on it’s own. But if you want to turn it into something beautiful, put a dollop of whipping cream on top. Then, sprinkle on some chocolate shavings or chopped peanuts. If the pudding is not sweet enough for your taste buds add a drizzle of caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Thank you to Peanut Butter Lovers for the inspiration!
Keywords: probiotic, sugar free, gluten free, healthy, kid-friendly, keto