I love serving my kids desserts, but we already have way too many treats in our life. It’s hard to avoid the Birthdays, holidays and sunny days that provide us with excuses to indulge.
So for a typical weekend night, I prefer to serve desserts that are sugar-free and probiotic. It’s my small attempt to counterbalance the effects of our sugar-happy-culture.
This peanut butter and banana pudding is the perfect dessert. It is fancy enough for a dinner party, yet healthy enough for breakfast!
I love the creaminess. I love the fact that the sweetness comes entirely from ripe bananas. But most of all I love that it is full of protein and probiotics. (It can be particularly difficult to get my children to eat enough protein and probiotics.)Print
Peanut Butter and Banana Pudding
This pudding is fancy enough for a dinner party, yet healthy enough for breakfast. It is sugar-free, probiotic and full of protein. The perfect dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4–6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fermented
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ripe banana, fully mashed
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whipping cream (see notes for a probiotic option)
- Whipping cream and garnishes optional (see notes)
- Beat the mashed bananas together with the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth. This is easiest to do with a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whip cream into the peanut butter and banana mixture.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For a probiotic dessert use cultured whipping cream or thick yogurt.
- For a vegan option, use thick, cultured coconut cream.
- The pudding is delicious all on its own. But if you want to turn it into something beautiful, top it with a dollop of whipping cream. Then, sprinkle on some chocolate shavings or chopped peanuts. If the pudding isn’t sweet enough for your taste buds add a drizzle of caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Thank you to Peanut Butter Lovers for the inspiration!
Keywords: probiotic, sugar free, gluten free, healthy, kid-friendly, keto, treat