Before starting any ferments be sure to follow all the Basic Fermentation Rules. This is the best way to ensure that you have a successful ferment.
However, if the results of your fermentation aren’t what you expect then throw it away. Fermented food should look and smell delicious. If you are ever uncertain about something you’ve fermented then throw it away. Food poisoning is not fun, and I am not responsible for anyone who eats something that has gone bad.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Fermenting for Foodies’ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fermenting for Foodies at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Fermenting for Foodies’ web site are provided “as is”. Fermenting for Foodies makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fermenting for Foodies does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Fermenting for Foodies or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Fermenting for Foodies’ Internet site, even if Fermenting for Foodies or a Fermenting for Foodies authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Fermenting for Foodies’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fermenting for Foodies does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Fermenting for Foodies may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Fermenting for Foodies does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Fermenting for Foodies has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fermenting for Foodies of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Fermenting for Foodies’ web site shall be governed by the laws of Canada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment.
- We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Different ways we collect information are detailed below. We reserve the right to change this list in our sole discretion.
1. google analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
3. advertising privacy
This Site is affiliated with Google Adsense for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. Google uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads.
We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, Google will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by such cookies with Google. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser by visiting: https://adssettings.google.com. Alternatively go to www.aboutads.info to learn more about cookies and how to manage your cookie preferences.
4. Privacy policies of other websites
6. How to contact us
Or write to us at:
Suite 1, 415 Superior St.
Victoria, BC, Canada
Now… let’s go have some ice cream!