Looking for a delicious and dairy-free alternative to sour cream? Cultured vegan sour cream starts with a vegan yogurt base to give it a thick and creamy sour cream flavour.
This dairy free sour cream alternative is best made from soy milk yogurt or cultured cashew cream. I do not recommend using almond milk yogurt or coconut yogurt because they don’t have the right consistency and flavour.
Why make cultured dairy-free sour cream?
Cultured vegan sour cream is a delicious dairy-free alternative. Here’s a few reasons to consider adding cultured non-dairy sour cream to your diet:
- It’s absolutely delicious. We taste-tested vegan sour cream at a fajita party and everyone liked it.
- This sour cream is perfect for anyone on a vegan or paleo diet.
- Dairy-free sour cream is much lower in fat than traditional sour cream.
- It’s a great way to get more probiotics into your diet!
Cultured Vegan Sour Cream
This dairy-free sour cream starts with a probiotic culture. The flavour is deliciously rich and sour. It’s a perfectly thick and creamy vegan and paleo sour cream alternative.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Fermented
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 cups thick vegan yogurt (either cashew or soy -see notes)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- This recipe is really simple. Just mix all of the ingredients and serve!
There are three options for the yogurt base for this sour cream:
Keywords: cashew, soy milk, dairy-free, paleo, keto, probiotic, soy-free, nut-free, simple, 3 ingredients or less, 5 minutes or less