Looking for a simple and delicious way to add flavour to a meal? This carrot, apple and horseradish salad is fresh and tangy, perfect for adding a bit of zip to all sorts of dishes.
The yogurt dressing makes this salad low-fat and probiotic. With the natural sweetness of apples and carrots, it is a healthy vegetable dish that everyone will love.
Carrot, apple and horseradish salad is perfect for adding flavour to all sorts of meals. It works as both a salad and a condiment. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Horseradish is traditionally served with meat, and this salad is a delicious condiment for roast beef, pork or fish.
- This salad is a perfect burger or hot dog topping.
- Serve a dollop of salad on top of mashed potatoes, baked potatoes or latkes.
- This carrot salad is a delicious topping for savoury pancakes or crepes.
- Make a M&S inspired sandwich with a filling of salad and cheddar cheese.
Carrot, Apple and Horseradish Salad
Looking for a way to add a bit of flavour to your meal? This quick and easy carrot, apple and horseradish salad is tangy, fresh and delicious. Serve it as a salad or a condiment.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 3 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 tart apple, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp preserved horseradish
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grate the vegetables, then mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to mingle.
- This salad is a great way to use homemade preserved horseradish. Homemade horseradish sauce is easy, affordable and delicious.
- For a salad, the carrots and apple should be coarsely grated, like a coleslaw. Use finely grated carrots and apple for a condiment or sandwich filling.
Keywords: condiment, sandwich filling, picnic, barbecue, quick, probiotic, 10 ingredients or less, gluten free, keto, dairy free, nut free, soy free, 15 minutes or less