I actually created this recipe as a way to convince kids to eat more greens and protein. But it seems like a fitting recipe to post just before Earth Day, because of the groovy green hue to these pancakes.Print
Savoury Green Pancakes
Want to make a savoury pancake that is hearty enough for a meal? This healthy and delicious pancake is made from leafy green vegetables and chickpea flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Fermented
- Cuisine: Gluten free
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of kefir cheese
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch of greens (chard, kale or spinach)
- 3 tbsp of diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Warm a frying pan on medium heat. Then pour in 1/4 cup of the batter.
- The pancake will be ready to flip when it is bubbling in the middle and dry around the edges. Flip, then cook the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with butter, cheese, yogourt, sour cream, sliced tomatoes or humus. If you omit the onion and garlic, then you could even serve it with the usual sweet toppings.
Keywords: healthy, grain free, dinner, sugar free, kid-friendly, 10 ingredients or less