This probiotic mango lassi is sweet, tangy, and refreshing. It is also sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly. Best of all, it is really simple to make!
This 2-ingredient treat is usually served as dessert at our house. It’s perfect after a spicy Indian meal.
However, since it’s refined sugar-free it’s also perfect as part of breakfast or an afternoon snack. And if you have leftovers, I recommend making probiotic creamsicles.
It’s so easy to make a probiotic mango lassi. All you need to do is use a cultured and probiotic beverage for the liquid.
Here are a few options for cultured dairy options for a traditional lassi
- Yogurt is traditional in a lassi. Since it’s quite thick, use a mix of milk and yogurt.
- Milk kefir will add tanginess and potentially a bit of sparkle.
- Cultured buttermilk is a creamy and delicious substitute.
Really, any vegan and non-dairy yogurt will work for mango lassi. However here are my favorite alternatives. They are deliciously creamy.
Probiotic Mango Lassi
This mango lassi is a sweet, tangy, and refreshing drink. It is also a healthy, sugar-free, and probiotic treat. With only 2-ingredients, it’s super simple and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 large ripe mango, or 2 smaller mangoes (about 1 lbs worth)
- 2 cups of cultured dairy or non-dairy alternative (see the section above for options)
- Sugar (optional, see notes)
- Peel the mangoes then cut the flesh off of the pits.
- Place all of the mango flesh and cultured dairy in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- I don’t add sugar to naturally fruit-sweetened treats. But if you like your lassi sweeter then add up to 4 tsp of sugar per batch.
- I have a regular blender, so my mango stays a bit pulpy. Using a high-quality blender will result in a smoother drink.
- Alternatively, if you want a pulp-free lassi, then puree the mango with as little additional liquid as possible. Then push the mango pulp through a sieve discarding the fibers.
Keywords: smoothie, Popsicle, vegan, traditional, probiotic, no dairy, no eggs, no sugar, no nuts, treat, dessert, snack, 2 ingredients, super simple