This super simple miso salad dressing is rich, creamy, and delicious. It’s a quick and healthy alternative to store-bought dressings. Literally, all you need to do is mix the 3 ingredients together in the bottom of your salad bowl!
A healthy alternative to store-bought
This simple miso salad dressing is every bit as easy as reaching for a bottle of store-bought dressing. It’s every bit as delicious and a lot healthier than grocery store salad dressing.
Here are a few reasons to switch to this miso dressing instead
- It’s easy: Just mix the ingredients up in the bottom of the salad bowl and you’re done!
- Preservative-free: There’s no hidden sugar, additives, or preservatives.
- Zero-waste: Skip the plastic squeeze bottle and go for homemade instead!
- Probiotic: Live miso (or homemade miso!) is probiotic. Cultured apple cider vinegar is also healthy and probiotic!
- Flavorful: Miso doesn’t just provide salt, it is a flavor-packed condiment that adds a creamy richness to this salad dressing. Not all miso tastes the same. Some are sweet, while others are earthy. Here’s a guide to the different types of miso to help you find a flavor to suit your tastebuds.
Flavors for Miso Salad Dressing
One of the best things about this salad dressing is that it can be flavored to suit your meal.
Here are 5 ways to dress up this simple miso vinaigrette:
- Italian: Add 1 Tbsp of fresh basil and 1 Tbsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped.
- Green Goddess: Add 1 Tbsp fresh parsley and 1 Tbsp diced chives.
- Asian: Replace 1 Tbsp of olive oil with toasted sesame seed oil. Replace the cider vinegar with rice vinegar, and add 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp finely grated fresh ginger.
- Vegan Caesar: Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 finely diced clove) and 1 tsp capers, diced.
- Simply Sweet: White miso is light, sweet, and perfect with fruit. For an extra sweet salad dressing use white miso and add 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup.
3-Ingredient Miso Salad Dressing
This simple miso salad dressing has only three ingredients. It’s easy, delicious, and healthy! Try all 5 flavor options: Asian, Italian, Vegan Caesar, Sweet, or Green Goddess.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Probiotic
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- Mix all the ingredients in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Mix with a fork or your salad tongs to blend the oil and vinegar in the miso paste. Add any additional herbs and other flavors at this point. See the section above for 5 flavor options.
- Finely chop any fruit and vegetables that you plan on using in your salad. Add the dressing and allow to marinate for a few minutes while you prepare your salad greens.
- Wash and rip up the salad greens. Place the greens in the salad bowl on top of the marinating vegetables. I usually put my salad tongs on top of the marinating vegetables to keep the lettuce from falling in the dressing.
- Toss the salad right before serving, then top with all your other ingredients (croutons, nuts, and seeds).
Keywords: easy, quick, 3 ingredients, 5 minutes or less, summer, spring, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, egg free, keto, paleo, Asian-inspired, Italian, Caesar
So easy, so yummy! The kids love this one.